Sunday, March 16, 2014

C4T Summary #2

While visiting Mr. Jones blog jonesytheteacher I commented on two blog post of his. Both of them were great topics that I was really interested in. The first blog post was titled "Emulator? Or Assimilator?". The emphasis was on whether you should copy a style of teaching and learning, or whether you should use the method of assimilation. The method of assimilation is done by taking a method of teaching and adding your own twist on it. Me and Mr. Jones both agreed that the best way would be to use your own method of the teaching, and not to just copy something.

Borg-lego

The second blog post I commented on was my favorite of the two. It was a topic on how you can use a GoPro camera in your Physical education class. I think this is a great idea and I will probably use it in my own physical education class and on my sports teams. This is a way to use technology in Physical Education. Using a GoPro camera gives a view of what an athlete sees during the action of the sport. Football teams all across the United States are attaching them to players helmets to improve there performance and see what that player sees during the play. He also had a video of his PE student using the GoPro camera during a rugby game. I believe it was strapped to his chest. A players game can be improved by critiquing there methods during the game. The videos can also be used for enjoyment of the players to remember an exciting moment during competition.

gopro football

No comments:

Post a Comment