Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8-What Are 21st Century Learning and Communicating Tools?

Every job done in the world has tools that are used to make a job easier. For a person in construction an important tool would be a hammer. In education for many years the most important tools to use was a pencil and paper. But with the evolution of technology there are more important tools of teaching now. There are also different ways of teaching also. The method of flipping a classroom has become an effective way to be a successful teacher. I would like to implement this into my style of teaching when I become an educator. Youtube/education will be my most important tool in my teaching career. I am a physical education major. Tons of sports skills, tips, drills, etc. can be found on youtube. I can get my children to start an upcoming activity at home by assigning them videos to watch on youtube. This can get my class one step ahead. If the students come in prepared knowing the rules to a sport or activity more time can be spent on actually playing the game, rather than me explaining the rules half of the class period. While watching why I flipped my classroom I learned some reasons why flipping a classroom is effective. She explains that she has a couple different groups of students. The main group is busy with the task and listening. The gifted children that are ahead of the others and are bored with the task. The last group are the children that are lost and are frustrated that they can not keep up. Flipping the classroom allows the children to come to class all on the same page and spend time doing the activity in class.

Flipped Classroom

2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. You are right! We need to be aware that education and its tools are evolving. You made an excellent point, particularly for physical education. Kids can spend more time actually doing the activity if they had the opportunity to learn the rules beforehand. Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you gained some insight into flipping classrooms and the tools that can be beneficial in the education world.

    ReplyDelete