Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Post #6

In my journey as a teacher I will have face many questions. Who will I go to for advice? How will I get my questions answered? The answer to those questions is through a PLN. A personal learning network is a group of people or resources for you to go to and receive information that they have. With the networks of communication in our current day information is drastically easier to come by. There is limitless information on the internet.

PLN

I have already started to develop my PLN. It is not very big yet because my journey in an education career is just starting. I am sure it will become bigger and better the further along I get into my career. In the video Michael Fawcett discusses his PLN Fawcett discusses how he developed his PLN. He uses twitter as a main source for his PLN. He talks about his passion for space. He got a response from NASA when he put up a post about something space related. Twitter will play a big part in my PLN. Twitter enables you to communicate with anyone across the world that has the site. Blogger is another site that I will use for my PLN. In EDM 310 I have already been using blogger to reach out to other teachers and students. I will continue to do this a reach out to even more people to exchange information and ideas. The teaching career is a long journey of continuing learning. Problems and questions will come up. They will need to be answered and worked out. With a good PLN base I will do just fine in handling these situations.

2 comments:

  1. i really liked that you have decided you will incorporate twitter and blogger into your career. I believe we should embrace these networks in and out of the classroom to continue advancing. I agree a PLN will be very useful, especially in the beginning of your career, In time it will grow, but any help is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at the development of your PLN. It will be valuable to you!

    ReplyDelete